Archdiocese of Washington Volunteer Requirements
We are so grateful for the many volunteers who help out in ways big and small at St. Raphael School. Because protecting our students is of utmost importance, all volunteers who have significant contact with children are required to complete the Archdiocese of Washington child-protection training known as “Virtus,” and we adhere to the child-protection guidelines set forth by the ADW.
Steps to Volunteering at SRS
1. Complete Virtus training
- Create a Virtus account, and register for a training session. From the pulldown menu, select "Washington, DC (Archdiocese)" for organization. (Note: To find out when the next training will be offered at St. Raphael School, contact the school office or view the searchable training schedule.)
2. Submit a volunteer application
- Complete the SRS volunteer application, and include two forms of ID.
3. Submit Child Protection Policy Agreement Form
- Read the Child Protection Policy booklet provided to you at your Virtus training session.
- Sign the acknowledgment form found in the booklet, and return it to the receptionist, who will give it to the school's child-protection coordinator.
4. Undergo fingerprinting
- Bring a fingerprinting form to one of the ADW fingerprinting locations, along with two forms of identification.